What is Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) Certification?
The Pressure Equipment Directive 97EC of the EU sets out the standards for the design and fabrication of pressure equipment generally over one liter in volume and having a maximum pressure of more than 0.5 bar gauge. It also sets the administrative procedures requirements for the “conformity assessment” of pressure equipment, free placing on the market without local legislative barriers. It has been mandatory throughout the EU since 30 May 2002.
- PED Certification is a symbol of product safety.
- PED aimed at removing the technical barriers to trade relating to the supply of pressure equipment.
- The PED is based on Essential Safety Requirements (ESRs) that grove design, manufacturing, inspection, and testing.
The aspects of the design, production, and testing of the various equipment are subjected to many standards, many of which are still being produced by the legislature. These standards cover all aspects of equipment design and production, like dimensions, materials, welding, and test methods.
Therefore, these standards play a vital role in assuring the product to both the customers and the manufacturer. As a Manufacturer, one has many responsibilities and details to consider during the production of pressure equipment and their testing.
The PED Certification is an assurance mark that provides agreement with safety requirements on pressure equipment like the following procedures:
- Analysis of Hazards.
- Material Selection.
- Calculations for Capacity.
- Calculations for Security.
- Calculations for Operation.
- Manufacturing and Welding Process.
- CE Marking.
However, Inspections and conformity procedures are different for each category, ranging from self-certification for the lowest hazard category to completing ISO 9001 inspection services for notified bodies. The assessment procedures come in other modular structures, and manufacturers select a test based on their requirements. It is essential to have qualified personnel and appropriate procedures in place for specific processes and execute the work accordingly.
With PED Certification, the actual requirements for any piece of equipment under the directive are very complex and dependent on the design and the type of user, the intended use, and sometimes even on the sales literature. Getting a product approved by certification allows complete freedom to be placed in the market and get returns without hassle.
Our Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) Certification Services Include:
- Witnessing hydrostatic testing.
- Verification of welding files and material certificates.
- Type examination and approval.
- Safety devise and connection control approval.
- Quality system approval.
- Periodic inspections and audits.
- Material approval.
- Field inspection and coordination.
- Design examination.
- Approval of joining personnel and procedures.
- Determination of intrinsic boiler water quality.
- Interim reviews during the construction phase.
- Periodic visual controls.
- Product inspection, test, and certification.
- Risk assessment and analysis.
- Stoking tests on steam equipment.
- Verification of calculations and drawings before construction.
- Welding procedure and welding qualifications for all international standards.
In addition, to this Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) Certification audit TUV Austria also offer a range of complimentary services:
- Third-Party Inspection
- Pre-Shipment Inspection
- QA/QC Services
- Lifting Equipment Inspection
- Technical Staffing Services
- Construction Supervision Services
- Technical Manpower Supply Services
- Non-Destructive Testing Services
- Mechanical Testing Services
- Risk-Based Inspection
- Pressure Vessel Inspection
- Storage Tank Inspection
- Steam Boiler Inspection
- Supplier Expediting Services
- Emission Testing Services
- Plant Safety Services
- Equipment Safety Services
- Vendor Audit Services
- Explosion Protection Services
- Fire Protection Services
- Communication Tower Inspections
- Asset Integrity Services
Which Industry requires PED?
All manufacturers of pressure equipment
- Pressure Vessels
- Steam Generators
- Pressure Accessories
- Safety Accessories
- Listed Items Assemblies
What are the focus points for implementing PED?
- Accountability of product manufacturing process and procedure.
- Best practices for the safety of the product.
- Establish a flowchart, design, and diagram of the product.
- Determine the characteristics of the product by testing.
What are the Benefits of PED?
- Customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Products stay authentic& hazardless of safety & protection.
- Products are safe and environmentally friendly.
- Credibility and brand increase.
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you in getting certified?