What is Pre-Shipment Inspection?
Pre-Shipment Inspection, also spelled as PSI, is a part of supply chain management and an important quality control method for checking the quality of goods clients buy from suppliers. A pre-Shipment inspection ensures that production complies with the buyer’s specifications and the terms of a purchase order or letter of credit.
A final random review checks the finished product when at least 80% of orders have been produced and export-packed. Samples are selected at random, according to standards and procedures. Pre-shipment Inspection can diminish risks inherent to Internet commerce like phishing and fraud.
What is the Pre-Shipment Inspection Process?
The pre-shipment inspection can be agreed upon between a buyer, a supplier, and a rank. It can be used to initiate payment for a letter of credit. A pre-shipment can be performed at different stages before shipments, such as checking the total amount of goods, checking of all documentation, as tests reports, packaging list, or verification of compliance with standards of the destination country.
Role of Pre-Shipment Inspection Expertise
The highly trained and experts of pre-shipment inspection will use the appropriate sampling process to select product lots of pre-shipment inspection and check them against your quality requirements or the standards of your destination market. This comprehensive inspection covers such criteria as product functionality, performance, durability, overall appearance, and dimensions. The product pre-shipment inspection inspector receives regular training in specialization, including soft lines, hard lines, food, and other industries. Their expertise combined with hundreds of customizable checklists for all product categories make for flexible and reliable quality control that helps you secure your supply chain.
Why Pre-Shipment Inspection is Important?
Exporters and importers generally ask the question. And why wouldn’t they? It’s always an essential part of verifying products in conformity with the approved specifications. Quality control isn’t a formality carried out at the supplier’s end. But a strict procedure of evaluating the products before they arrive at the point of destination.
A pre-shipment inspection from an independent third party gives you the peace of mind that your order has been filed before it is dispatched. Today’s globalized marketplace offers fantastic opportunities but also presents real risks. When working with a supplier overseas, it’s critical to make sure the specifications you have agreed upon are met. Mitigate the risk of an improperly filled order by taking the necessary precautions.
- Ensure that your order was filled successfully before its dispatched
- Verify quality at the source and don’t pay for defective goods.
- Rest assured that the supplier has met all agreed-upon specifications
- Mitigate costly import risks
- Avoid returns and protect your brand’s image.
What are the benefits of conduction Pre-Shipment Inspection?
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification Service’s Pre-Shipment Inspection maximizes duty collections. By undertaking duty assessment in the country of export, importers have no opportunity to pressurize customs to assign lower rates.
- Compliance with the world trade organization Agreement valuation is now mandatory for all members. Without TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification Service’s Pre-shipment inspection, countries introducing the agreement invariably experience a reduction in revenue collections. TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification ensures that the deal is fully implemented as required by the world trade organization and in a way that maintains duty revenue collections.
- Keeps your eyes in the supply chain! Conducting pre-shipment inspection in the hands of experienced, independent, certified, and licensed inspectors will protect your business interests in the supply chain.
- TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification utilizes the strictest international standards ensuring product safety and regulatory requirement.
With over many trained and qualified pre-shipment inspection inspectors and auditors, we, at TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification guarantee, will be at any factory or organization within a few hours. Furthermore, we follow the strictest hiring standards, with years of experience in quality control and auditing.
Get in touch today with the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification when you require a pre-shipment inspection with qualified professionals at competitive pricing.
How Pre-Shipment Inspection Help?
As an importer, you will have an expected quality of standards. The third-party entrusted with the job of professional quality pre-shipment inspection ensures a fair few things for you, which include:
- Imported goods comply with the terms that are agreed upon.
- Imported goods are at the same level as the approved samples.
- Imported goods are within the specifications
- Imported goods pose no threat, risks, or hazards to health.
- Properly and safely packaged for a seamless transition.
- Imported goods should comply with the rules and regulations of the recipient in the country.
Every Detail You Need to Know About Pre-Shipment Inspection
The simplest way of protecting your revenues and shipment is conducting a pre-shipment inspection as early as possible. Pre-shipment Inspection refers primarily to verifying prices and the examination and reporting of the quantity and quality of exports before they are shipped to the country’s destination. Pre-Shipment Inspection guards against any nasty surprises and means you know your goods are in working order long before you take delivery – pretty useful if your supplier is halfway around the world.
Why Trust TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification for Pre-Shipment Inspection?
As a leading pre-shipment inspection service provider, the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification is also accountable for several quality control sections. Inspection and ensures stricter standards apply to all evaluation procedures. Given our credible experience with the suppliers, we have profound ways of identifying hurdles between the processes. We have a strong network of quality inspectors throughout the different provinces of Pakistan, which allows us to conduct a pre-shipment inspection better and more fruitful.
In addition, to Pre-Shipment Inspection Service we also offer a range of complimentary services:
- ISO 28000:2007 SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY CERTIFICATION
- ISO 22716:2007 Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetics
- Third-Party Inspection Service
- Process improvement solutions
What to Know While Seeking Pre-Shipment Inspection?
During International trade transactions, one of the biggest challenges for the importers is to ensure that the qualities of the goods shipped conform with the qualifications stated on the sales contract. But, on the other hand, importers can take several preventive steps to buy only high-quality goods from their supplies.
Pre-Shipment Inspection is a kind of security tool which is demanded either by the importer companies or some governments that verifies whether the goods dispatched conform with buyer’s specifications or not. Pre-Shipment Inspection can be defined as systematic Inspection of a sample of goods selected randomly from all batches of the order.
When Should Pre-Inspection Be Conducted?
Pre-Shipment Inspection can be conducted any time before shipment is dispatched from the exporter’s factory. Even multiple pre-shipment inspections are possible throughout the production process of the goods. But it’s good to conduct a pre-shipment inspection when at least 80% of the production is completed.
How Much Does It Cost to Have a Pre-Shipment Inspection?
Pre-Shipment Inspection costs are changing from one Audit Company to another. Also, the location of the Inspection is another determinant of the cost.
How Does a Pre-Shipment Inspection Work?
- Schedule a pre-shipment inspection
- Get the price quotation for the Inspection
- The company employs a qualified inspector for the Inspection
- Inspector collects a sample of goods for the Inspection
- Once the Inspection completes, Inspector will provide a complete pre-shipment report.
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you?Send Enquiry