OHSAS 18001 Standard - Occupational Health And Safety Management System
It is an International Occupational Health and Safety Management System specification. It constitutes two parts, 18001 and 18002, and encircles BS 8800 and a number of other publications.
Its accreditation in line with the structure of ISO 14001, requiring the top-level commitment to compliance with the statute, prevention of accidents, promotion of good health, and incessant improvement. It infuses quality control in the safety management system and its related procedures.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification is one of the few certification bodies to offer this accredited certification in Pakistan. Being one of the leading accreditation certification bodies in Pakistan TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification, our health & Safety experts make sure all your health and safety protocols are following the international quality standards.
Who Should Get OHSAS 18001 Standard?
The OHSAS specification is applicable to any organization that seeks to:
· Establish an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System to curtail risk
· Guarantee compliance with its own OH&S policy
· Demonstrate such compliance with the stakeholders
· Implement, maintain, and continually improve an OH&S management system
· Make a self-determination and declaration of compliance with this OHSAS specification.
· Seek third-party Independent certification of Its OH&S management system
What Are The Benefits Of The OHSAS 18001 Standard?
An OHSAS 18001 audit supports a variety of business avenues. It helps in diminishing risk to employees and other interested parties; improve an existing OH&S management system, demonstrate persistence and gain assurance among others. TUV AUSTRIA is accredited by RvA to offer this accredited certification to a wide range of industry sectors.
· Internationally recognized and acknowledged standard
· Easily weighed with existing management systems
· Skilled auditors who are trained for multiple systems
· Consistency in audit methodology
· Repetition of similar elements of each standard is avoided
TUV Austria is a recognized and highly respected worldwide organization renowned for its approach and service quality. The well-qualified auditors work with clients to guarantee the management systems are effectively maintained and continuously improved to meet customers' growing expectations.
The New Occupational Health & Safety standard ISO 45001
The new standard is built on established foundations of OHSAS 18001. It was published in March 2018 and will replace within 3 years of its publication. The structure of this new standard will be familiar to those of you who use the 2015 revision to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
The new standard has been designed to help companies achieve the following:
· Categorize workplace hazards and implement effective quality controls to prevent them
· Prevent injury and ill-health among your workforce
· Reduce accidents
· Infuse safety as an integral part of the organization culture
· Evaluation of compliance with legislative requirements
· Identify areas of improvement and competency requirements
· Improve overall operational productivity
OHSAS Certification Cost In Pakistan
It is not possible to come up with the cost without a detailed assessment. Cost also depends on many factors like:
· Size of Organization.
· Structure of Operations.
· Maturity and Complexity of Existing health and safety systems.
Generally, the cost of this certification in Pakistan is not much as compared to the occupational health and safety benefits it offers to organizations and the workforce.
Is OHSAS 18001 Obsolete now?
Many standards and quality control protocols of OHSAS 18001 are still there in the new ISO 45001 standard. So one can say that it has been upgraded.
Does ISO 45001 replace OHSAS 18001?
Yes, by March 2021 all companies having OHSAS 18001 should migrate to ISO 45001:2018.
What is the latest version of OHSAS 18001?
. is the new occupational health and safety standard
What is the difference between ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001?
is an environmental management Certification designed to monitor an organization's effects on the external environment whereas OHSAS 18001 focuses on the Health and safety standards of an organization to prevent accidents and promote a safe working environment.