What is Mechanical Testing?
Mechanical Testing is a process used to determine the mechanical properties of a material. A wide variety of mechanical testing methods can be performed when evaluating a material, some of which may determine the appropriateness of a material subject to corrosion.
Why Use Mechanical Testing Services from the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification?
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification offers comprehensive mechanical testing capabilities using some of the most advanced equipment available. Mechanical Testing Provides validation and confirmation to additive and traditional manufacturing processes related to forces applied in static or dynamic applications.
In addition, a mechanical test can validate newly developed material and processes technologies and provide a method of controlling quality.
Typical Mechanical testing properties include:
- Tensile Strength
- Fracture Toughness
- Impact Resistance
- Stress Rupture
- Substantiation of Fatigue Limits
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification conducts a variety of fatigue tests on-site, measuring the ability of materials to withstand the application of repeated load cycles.
The company is equipped to conduct:
- Component Fatigue Testing
- Fatigue Crack Growth Rate
- Fatigue Toughness Testing
- Fracture Toughness
- Low Cycle Fatigue Testing
- High Cycle Fatigue Testing
These tests can all be performed in high and low-temperature chambers simulating the real-world environment of each underlying part’s end-use.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification also performs tensile testing on-site. It can measure both ultimate tensile strength and yield strength or the point at which plastic deformation begins. As part of this process, the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification conducts elevated temperature tensile tests as a proven method of evaluating the behavior of materials under a combination of heat and tension.
In addition to fatigue and tensile Testing, TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification also performs creep testing on-site, allowing the company to measure the tendency of material, after being subjected to high temperatures, to change its form over time. Creep is high-temperature progressive deformation at constant stress.
In addition, to these Mechanical Testing Services we also offer a range of complimentary services:
- Inspection Services
- Third-Party Inspection Services
- Pre-Shipment Inspection Services
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control Services (QA/QC)
- Lifting Equipment & Crane Inspection Services
- Technical Staffing Services
- Construction Supervision Services
- Technical Manpower Supply Services
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT/NDE) Services
- Risk-Based Inspection Services
- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) Certification
- Pressure Vessel Inspection Services
- Storage Tank Inspection Services
- Steam Boiler Inspection Services
- Supplier Expediting Services
- Emission Testing Services
- Plant Safety Services
- Equipment Safety Services
- Vendor Audit Services
- Explosion Protection Services
- Fire Protection Services
- Environment, Health, and Safety Services
- Process improvement solutions
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you?Send Enquiry