Lifting Equipment Inspection, Crane Inspection & Accessories Inspection
Lifting Equipment Inspection, Crane Inspection & Accessories Inspection by TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification, ensure that your equipment is performing optimally and without any unfortunate incident.
Why You Need Lifting Equipment & Crane Inspection?
These inspections & Accessories inspections are vitally important, not only for worker safety but for proper operating standards. These Inspections are made compulsory by regulatory bodies and ensure the safety and reliability of your equipment. They are making sure that your workers and investment are safe.
What are the requirements for a Crane Lifting?
- Crane position on the firm and level ground without rigger fully extended and placed on outrigger pad.
- Tires of the ground.
- Certified Rigger & Crane operator.
- The safe load indicator is working.
- Inspect the crane leakage before lifting.
- The load’s weight is confirmed and is within the safe working limit of the crane.
- Safety devices are not bypassed.
- The swing radius is barricaded & no unauthorized entry into the lifting zone.
- Lifting tools must be free from any defects.
- Wind speed up to 32 km/ph. is permissible while lifting.
- Rigging plan for all critical lifting, etc.
How to prepare a Lifting Plan?
Basic safety measure prior to lifting operation
- Ensure approved method statement and Risk Assessment (MS & RA) for lifting operation.
- Ensure Valid TPI of lifting machine (Crane, Hydra, Farana) and all tools & Tackles.
- Ensure the operator should be competent and certified.
- The right selection of Lifting machines (Crane, Hydra, Farana) and lifting tools (Sling, D’Shackle, Web Sling, etc.) in respect of lifting load.
- Visual Inspection to be done Lifting machine (Crane, Hydra, Farana), all tools and slings as per standard checklist.
- Know the lift load.
- Ensure free from any obstruction (Building, equipment, overhead line, etc.) from access and swinging boom.
- Ensure restriction of unauthorized entry.
- Ensure received a permit to work received and conducted toolbox meeting.
- Ensure conducted stop take five / Step Back / Pre lifting checklist.
What is the lifting plan checklist?
It is the document prepared for planning a critical lift by calculating and considering all factors which are going to affect the lift and thereby selecting the correct tools, Crane and ensure the safe lifting procedure to be followed for the particular lift, giving details such as the size and safety factor, crane position, location or load, size of the load, slings, load chart.
Benefits of Lifting Equipment Inspection, Crane Inspection & Accessories Inspection
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification must ensure safety for Inspections for the following reasons.
- Reduces downtime caused by the equipment breakdown—easy detection of hazardous conditions that can cause an accident.
- Lowers repair costs by correcting any defects before the equipment is seriously or permanently damaged.
- It helps uncover any needs that may be dangerous to operators that are not easily seen while in operation. Read More..
Why Lifting Equipment Inspection, Crane inspection & Accessories Inspection Services from TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection and Certification has a long-standing reputation in Pakistan as the most reliable certification & Inspection services provider. Our Company performs inspections under the guidelines of LEEA (Lifting Equipment Engineers Association). We hold a vast clientele list in Pakistan, including the oil & Gas sector, Power sector, Logistics & FMCG companies. We have rich expertise in Inspections of Lifting Equipment, cranes, and Accessories, including but not limited to.
- Cranes(overhead crane inspection, Gantry, Crawler, Truck Mounted, Mobile Crane)
- Fork Lifts
- Chain Blocks
- Harness/ Belts
- Eye Bolts
- Aerial Platform
- Hydraulic Jack & pumps
Our people are well trained and experienced. So working with the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification has the following benefits.
- Highly proficient specialists
- Specialized reporting system
- Unbiased & independent assessments
- Acquaintance with local regulatory requirements
In Addition, to Lifting Equipment Inspection, Crane Inspection & Accessories Inspection we also offer a range of complimentary services:
What happens during lifting equipment/crane inspection?
During these inspections, a series of tests are done as mentioned in relevant standards of LEEA. These tests aim to check if the lifting equipment or crane is performing within the safety standards. e.g., one of the tests included lifting items with varying weights to see how the equipment performs under stress.
When lifting equipment/crane should be inspected?
The frequency of inspection depends on the usage of the equipment. It should be inspected at the time of installation and once every 6 to 12 months, depending on the requirements mentioned in LEEA standards.
Who can do these inspections?
There are specific requirements that must follow. These inspections should be done by an experienced person who has proper practical and theoretical knowledge to be thoroughly examined. It will enable them to detect defects or weaknesses.
What are the parts of Crane?
- Anti-Two Block Device
- Outer Rigger
- Auxiliary Hoist
- Web Sling
- LMI (Load Movement Indicator).