What is ISO 3834 – Quality Requirements for Fusion Welding of Metallic Materials?
A quality management system is specific to welding processes and applicable to ISO 3834 fusion welding metallic materials independent of the manufactured products.
- Process control system to ensure weld integrity and the fulfillment of design intent.
- It complements ISO 9001 but can be a standalone system.
What are the requirements of ISO 3834 Certification?
The Standard has six parts, which cover three levels of control
- Part 1: Criteria for selection and use.
- Part 2: Comprehensive quality requirements.
- Part 3: Standard Quality Requirements.
- Part 4: Elementary Quality Requirements.
- Part 5: Standards and Specifications necessary to conform to claim conformity to the quality of ISO 3834.
- Part 6: Guidance on Implementing ISO 3834.
What Areas to be Assessed During Certification Process?
The following areas will be assessed during the certification process:
- Technical Review
- Welding Personnel
- Inspection and Testing Personnel
- Welding and Related Activities
- Welding Consumables
- Parent Materials
- Post-Weld Heat Treatment
- Inspection and Testing
- Non-Conformance and Corrective Action
- Calibration and Validation of Measuring, Inspection, and Testing Equipment
- Identification and Traceability
- Quality Records
What are the Benefits of ISO 3834?
- Improve Welding Quality
- Management assurance that quality requirements will be met.
- The contractual requirement from the client.
- Improve service levels.
What are the Reasons for Implementing ISO 3834?
- Reduce Customer Audits
- Avoid gaps between QA/QC and the shop floor.
- Improve utilization of resources
- Improve Customer Confidence
- Credibility & International Recognition
- Competitive and Marketing advantage.
In addition, to these standard audits, TUV Austria BIC. also offers a range of complimentary services:
- ISO Certifications
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 50001 – Energy Management System
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
- ISO 20000 – IT Service Management System
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System
- FSSC 22000 – Food Safety System Certification
- HACCP – Food Safety Management System
- ISO 21001 – Educational Organizations Management System
- ISO 29990 – Learning Services Management System
- ISO 20121 – Sustainability Event Management System
- ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management System
- ISO 37001 – Anti-Bribery Management System
- ISO 28000 – Supply Chain Security Management System
- ISO 13485 – Quality Management Systems for Medical Devices
- ISO 39001 – Road Traffic Safety Management System
- ISO 31000 – Risk Management – Guidelines
- ISO 22716 – Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetics
- Halal Certification
- “Covid-Shield” Certification
- GlobalG.A.P. Certification
- IFS Certification Services
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you in getting certified?Send Enquiry