What is ISO 3834 – Quality Requirements for Fusion Welding of Metallic Materials?
A quality management system is specific to welding processes and applicable to ISO 3834 fusion welding metallic materials independent of the manufactured products.
- Process control system to ensure weld integrity and the fulfillment of design intent.
- It complements ISO 9001 but can be a standalone system.
What are the requirements of ISO 3834 Certification?
The Standard has six parts, which cover three levels of control
- Part 1: Criteria for selection and use.
- Part 2: Comprehensive quality requirements.
- Part 3: Standard Quality Requirements.
- Part 4: Elementary Quality Requirements.
- Part 5: Standards and Specifications which are necessary to conform to claim conformity to the quality of ISO 3834.
- Part 6: Guidance on Implementing ISO 3834.
What Areas to be Assessed During Certification Process?
The following areas will be assessed during the certification process:
- Technical Review
- Welding Personnel
- Inspection and Testing Personnel
- Welding and Related Activities
- Welding Consumables
- Parent Materials
- Post-Weld Heat Treatment
- Inspection and Testing
- Non-Conformance and Corrective Action
- Calibration and Validation of Measuring, Inspection, and Testing Equipment
- Identification and Traceability
- Quality Records
What are the Benefits of ISO 3834?
- Improve Welding Quality
- Management assurance that quality requirements will be met.
- The contractual requirement from the client.
- Improve service levels.
What are the Reasons for Implementing ISO 3834?
- Reduce Customer Audits
- Avoid gaps between QA/QC and the shop floor.
- Improve utilization of resources
- Improve Customer Confidence
- Credibility & International Recognition
- Competitive and Marketing advantage.
In addition, to these standard audits TUV Austria BIC. also offers a range of complimentary services:
- ISO Certifications
- ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- ISO 45001:2018 OHSMS
- ISO 50001:2018 EnMS
- ISO 27001:2018 ISMS
- ISO 20000:2018 ITSMS
- Halal Certification
- ISO 22000:2018 FSMS
- FSSC 22000 V5
- HACCP Food Safety Management System
- ISO 21001:2018 EOMS
- ISO 29990:2010 LSMS
- ISO 20121:2012 ESMS
- ISO 22301:2019 BCMS
- ISO 37001:2016 ABMS
- ISO 28000:2007 SCMS
- ISO 13485:2016 MDSM
- ISO 39001:2012 RTSM
- ISO 22716:2007 GMP
- ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management – Guidelines
- “Covid-Shield” Certification
- GlobalG.A.P. Certification
- IFS Certification Services
- Process improvement solutions
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you in getting certified?Send Enquiry