What is ISO 20121:2012 Sustainability Event Management?
ISO 20121 is a management system standard for the implementation of the consideration for sustainable development in events. In other words, ISO 20121 is a way of working that helps you consider how to meet your clients’ needs but in a sustainable manner. The social, economic, and environmental goals of sustainable development are interdependent and mutually reinforcing.
Development of ISO 20121
2007 – B58901 Developed by British Standards Institute (BSI)
2009 – BS8901 Launched, London Olympic Committee and BSI propose to ISO an Event Sustainability standard to be used at the 2012 London Olympics
2010 – International ISO Committee Formed
2012 – Launch of ISO 20121.
Benefits of ISO 20121 Sustainability Event Management
- Gives competitive advantage if sustainable requirements are a part of RFT
- Efficiency across all aspects of event planning can be achieved
- It demonstrates a systematic approach to sustainable performance consistent and much easier
- The supply chain will inevitably become more sustainable for the event management industry and others.
What are the requirements of ISO 20121?
The Organization shall establish, document, implement and maintain a quality management system and continually improve its effectiveness by the requirements of this International Standard.
The Organization shall
- Determine the processes needed for the quality management system and their application throughout the Organization.
- Determine the sequence and interaction of these processes
- Determine the criteria and methods needed to ensure that both the operation and control of these processes are effective
- Ensure the availability of resources and information necessary to support the operation and monitoring of these processes
- Monitor measures where applicable and analyze these processes.
- Implement actions necessary to achieve planned results and continual improvement of these processes.
A management system should have
- An effective audit program
- Scheduled audits based on risk and importance of processes
- Effective audit checklists
- Review and follow up corrective actions
- Management Review Meeting.
What is ISO 20121 Certification Cost In Pakistan?
Organizations that want to reduce costs without compromising sustainability are looking at 20121 certifications as a value for money solution in today’s competitive environment. However, it is not possible to come up with the cost without a detailed risk assessment. Price also depends on many factors like:
- Size of Organization.
- Structure of Operations.
- Maturity and Complexity of Existing Systems.
Generally, this certification cost in Pakistan is not much compared to the improved productivity and brand equity benefits it offers to organizations.
Why Choose TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification For Implementing ISO 20121 Requirements
Some of the leading international accreditation bodies have awarded TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification with the accreditation to offer certification to a vast range of industry sectors. For certification services, TUV Austria BIC. is the preferred brand across multiple industry sectors.
Local Regulatory authorities like The Pakistan National Accreditation Council (PNAC) and The Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) also recognize TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification as a leading certification and inspection body in Pakistan. TUV Austria BIC. has earned global respect instead of its approach and service quality through its highly trained and experienced Consultants. Our professional auditors work with clients to ensure that the requirements are maintained and continuously improved to be up to customers’ expectations and the law.
In addition, to ISO 20121 audits we also offer a range of complimentary services:
- ISO Certifications
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 29990:2010 Learning Services Management System
- ISO 28000:2007 Supply Chain Security Management
- ISO 27001:2018 Information Security Management System
- ISO 20000:2018 IT Service Management System
- Process improvement solutions
What is Management System?
- A framework of policies and procedures
- A systematic approach to your company owns a unique ‘way of Working’.
Do You already have ISO 9001 or ISO 14001?
- The fundamental procedures within ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 are mirrored in ISO 20121.
- Makes sense to integrate your QMS and EMS into a Sustainable Event Management System.
What to expect during an ISO 20121 Assessment?
- Document Review
- Provide evidence to prove what you say you do!
What are the Principles of Sustainable Development?
- Human Rights
- Labor Standards
Why is Sustainability issues Important?
- Contributing towards a better society and reduction in an organization impact on the environment.
- Consider all key financial, economic, social and environmental issues relevant to your business operation.
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you in getting certified?Send Enquiry