TUV Austria (BIC), is the legal entity responsible for certification activities related to different schemes.
TUV Austria (BIC) its Top Management, Managers, and Staff fully understand the importance of impartiality in undertaking its Certification Activities. TUV Austria will therefore ensure that in all its dealings with clients or potential clients all employees or other personnel are and will remain impartial and does not allow commercial, financial, or other pressures to compromise impartiality, this will also maintain under their contracts and appointment letters. To ensure that impartiality is both maintained and can be demonstrated the following principles have been established.
- TUV Austria's top management is committed to ensuring impartiality.
- All of the personnel of TUV Austria (either internal or external) or committee members who could influence the certification activities always ensure impartially.
- TUV Austria Certificates are only issued following a review by an independent and impartial decision committee to ensure that no interest shall predominate.
- TUV Austria does not certify another certification body for its management system certification activities.
- TUV Austria does not offer (and has never offered) management system consultancy or any other form of consultancy to companies or individuals.
- TUV Austria does not offer (and has never offered) an internal audit service to companies or individuals.
- TUV Austria does not own or have any interest (financial or otherwise) in any other company that offers certification, management system consultancy, or internal audit services.
- TUV Austria does not outsource audits to a management system consultancy organization, as this poses an unacceptable threat to the impartiality of the certification body.
- TUV Austria and or any part of the same legal entity under its organizational control shall not:
- be the designer, manufacturer, installer, distributor, or maintainer of the certified product.
- be the designer, implementer, operator, or maintainer of the certified process.
- be the designer, implementer, provider, or maintainer of the certified service.
- TUV Austria identifies all risks to its impartiality on an ongoing basis through past records of their personnel e.g. their experience letters etc. This includes those risks that arise from its certification activities, from its relationships to any company, or from the relationships of its personnel with the clients. Any proposed risks associated with TUV AUSTRIA will undergo a risk assessment by the Impartiality Committee prior to that relationship being formalized.
- TUV Austria does not have (and will not form) any relationships with companies that offer consultancy, internal audit services, or other services that can be construed as having an impact on the certification services provided by TUV Austria. Any proposed relationship between TUV AUSTRIA and any other company will undergo a risk assessment by the Impartiality Committee prior to that relationship being formalized.
- Any current relationships with companies, organizations, and individuals will be assessed for the risks on regular basis to ensure that the relationship does not impact the impartiality of the certification process. The risk assessment will be reviewed by the Impartiality Committee.
- Individuals employed by or otherwise contracted to TUV Austria are required to document and record their current and past relationships with all companies. Any situation past or present which associates with the potential conflict of interest is declared by TUV Austria. TUV Austria will use the information to identify any threats to impartiality and will not use that individual in any capacity unless they can demonstrate that there is no conflict of interest. The risk assessment will be reviewed by the Impartiality Committee.
- TUV Austria does not allocate a member of staff or sub-contractor to a management system audit, review, and or certification decision where any past relationship has existed. Exceptionally and at the discretion of the Operations Manager or Top Management an individual or subcontractor may be allocated to a management system audit where a past relationship has existed but there has been no relationship for a minimum of 2 years. The risk assessment will be reviewed by the Impartiality Committee.
- TUV Austria ensures that activities of separate legal entities, with which the certification body or the legal entity of which it forms a part has relationships, do not compromise the impartiality of its certification activities.
- When the separate legal entity offers or produces the certified product (including products to be certified) or offers or provides consultancy, the TUV Austria’s management personnel and personnel in the review and certification decision-making process does not involve in the activities of the separate legal The personnel of the separate legal entity does not involve in the management of the TUV Austria, the review, or the certification decision.
- TUV Austria does not market or offer its activities as linked with the activities of an organization that provides consultant TUV Austria does no state or imply that certification would be simpler, easier, faster, or less expensive if a specified consultancy organization were used and will take appropriate legal action should any such link be identified.
- TUV Austria takes appropriate legal action to respond to any risks to its impartiality, arising from the actions of other persons, bodies, or organizations, of which it becomes aware.
All employees will be reviewed at least annually to ensure that they remain impartial when conducting audits.
TUV AUSTRIA (BIC)