What is International Featured Standards (IFS)?
The International Food Standard (IFS) is a common food safety standard with a uniform evaluation system to qualify and select suppliers. It helps retailers to ensure the food safety of their products. In addition, it monitors the quality level of producers of retailers’ branded food products.
Food Safety is used as a scientific discipline, describing handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent food-borne illness. In considering industry to market practices, food safety considerations include the origins of food, including the rules relating to food labeling, food hygiene, food additives, and pesticide residues, as well as policies on biotechnology and food and guidelines for the management of governmental import and export inspection and certification system for foods.
- IFS is a crucial standard in Europe – all major retailers in Germany, France, Italy, and other EU Countries require suppliers to be certified to IFS, and the bar continues to grow internationally
- Offices are located in key regions worldwide, including Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
- The focus is on creating a standardized, uniform measure against which retailers and brand-owners can access their suppliers and enhance transparency in the supply chain.
What are the Principles of Food Hygiene?
There are five fundamental principles of Food Hygiene, according to World Health Organization (WHO).
- Prevent Contaminating food with pathogens spreading from people, pets, and pests.
- Separate raw and cooked foods to prevent contaminating the cooked foods.
- Cooked food for the appropriate length of time and at the proper temperature to kill pathogens.
- Store food at the proper temperature.
- Use Safe water and safe raw materials.
What is IFS Certification?
IFS Standards currently comprise eight standards, which have been developed for and by the stakeholders involved in all parts of the supply chain. All standards are process standards that help users implement legal provisions regarding food and product safety and provide uniform guidelines on food safety and quality issues.
The certification shows that the certified company has established processes suitable for ensuring food and product safety and has considered and implemented customer specifications. Certification is open to food manufacturers, brokers, logistics providers, manufacturers of household and hygiene products, and wholesalers and retailers.
What are the Benefits of Implementing IFS?
Following are the benefits of Implementing IFS
- Industry Driven
- Differentiated Scoring
- Risk-based Non-Prescriptive
- Corrective Actions to Improve
- IFS Audit Manager App
- IFS Recognized Consultants
- IFS Expert Guidelines
- Software for Uniform Reporting
- Unique Database Increases visibility
- IFS Integrity Program
- Experienced Auditors in Each scope
- Proven Business Driving Benefits
What is IFS Food?
IFS Food is a GFSI recognized standard for auditing food safety and quality of processes and products of food manufacturers. It concerns food processing companies or companies that pack loose food products. It supports production and marketing efforts for brand safety and quality.
Food is applied to:
- Processing and working
- Handling of loose products
- It undertook activities during the primary packaging.
What is IFS Global Markets Food?
Food is a standardized food safety assessment program for retailers as well as industry-branded food products. The program is meant to support “small and less developed businesses” in developing their food safety management systems and making the first step towards implementing the Food Standard.
What is Wholesale / Cash & Carry?
The Standard was developed to optimize the audit procedures of wholesalers and cash & carry markets. These two distinct businesses are seen as essential connectors between producers and converters and commercial clients. Besides a wide range of traded products, they can also carry out specific treatment and processing activities and develop their brands.
Therefore, depending on the company’s core business, a tailor-made checklist applies to Wholesale or Cash & Carry.
What is IFS Logistics 2.2?
IFS Logistics is standard for auditing all logistics activities for food and non-food products, such as transport, storage, distribution, loading, unloading, etc. It applies to all activities, including delivery by road, rail, or ship, of frozen/refrigerated products or such products without cooling.
The objectives of IFS Logistics 2.2 are
- To check the requirements for understanding.
- To adapt the Standard to meet current legislation
- To include all IFS Doctrines
- To improve understanding of audit protocol
- To specify the applicability for the logistical handling of unpacked food products (e.g., bread n boxes, meat carcasses) and non-food products.
- To include specific requirements for freezing and thawing as a service.
- To update the Standard by a new version of GFSI.
- Guidance Document and benchmark procedure for storage and distribution standards.
What is IFS Global Markets Logistics?
The Global Markets Logistics program’s objective is to facilitate market access locally, create mutual acceptance along the supply chain, and provide a framework for mentoring, developing, and assessing small and less developed logistics service providers. These companies might encounter difficulties implementing efficient product safety and quality processes due to their size.
It offers a flexible application of the stepwise approach in time, starting level, and final level. Moreover, Global Markets- Logistics provides an excellent opportunity to make the first steps towards a full Logistics certification.
What is IFS Broker Version 2?
The Brokers must be applied to all companies primarily involved in “trading activities “and who themselves choose their suppliers, purchase or trade-in the goods from them themselves and then have deliveries made directly to their customers, charging this customer for such goods now, without themselves ever having come into contact with the product.
These are the following reasons for the revision of IFS Broker Version 2
- To exclude duplications
- To check the requirements for understanding
- To adapt the standard to meet current legislation
- To align audit protocol with the other IFS standards
- To include a food defense check0list in the general audit checklist.
- To include all IFS doctrines
- To improve understanding of Audit protocol
- To specify the applicability to the trading of packaging materials
- To update the standard by the new version of the GFSI Guidance Document.
What is IFS HPC?
HPC is the Standard to ensure product safety, reduce costs, and ensure transparency concerning the entire production chain of household and personal care products. Version 2 will come into force in October 2016. There will be a transition period from October 2016 until the 1st of January 2017, in which companies could choose between version 1 and version 2. From the 1st of January 2017, only IFS HPC audits based on version 2 will be accepted.
What is IFS PACsecure?
IFS PACsecure is a standard for auditing primary and secondary packaging material manufacturers and converters.
The standard clauses of IFS PACsecure are
- Senior Management Responsibility
- Quality and Food Safety Management System
- Resource Management
- Planning and Production Process
- Measurements, Analysis, Improvements
- Food defense and external inspections.
IFS Food Store
The RAS Standard emerges from the desire of leading retailers in the French food industry, who are members of the FCD, to accurately measure how well their stores control the food safety of the food products sold.
What is the Goal of IFS?
IFS Standards are the common internationally accepted audit standards to ensure that IFS Certified companies can deliver products or services which are in line with the defined specifications of their customer to improve continuously (non) food product safety and quality for the consumers.
Why Choose TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification For Implementing IFS Standard Requirements
Some of the leading international accreditation bodies have awarded TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification with the accreditation to offer certification to a vast range of industry sectors. For certification services, TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification is the preferred brand across multiple industry sectors.
Local Regulatory authorities like The Pakistan National Accreditation Council (PNAC), The Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) also recognizes TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification as a leading certification and inspection body in Pakistan. TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification has earned global respect instead of its approach and service quality through its highly trained and experienced Consultants. Our professional auditors work with clients to guarantee that the requirements are successfully maintained and continuously improved to be up to customers’ expectations and the law. Read More…
In Addition, to IFS Certification Audits we also offer a range of complimentary services:
- ISO Certifications
- ISO 22716:2007 Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetics
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management System
- Halal Certification
- Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000 V5
- Manpower Supply Services
- Process improvement solutions
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you in getting certified?