What is Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000 V5?
FSSC 22000 is a legislative requirement for the food industry in many countries. As a result, It became the sixth standard to join the stable of GFSI recognized schemes. This move helps drive cost efficiency and consistency in supply chains worldwide when sourcing food and delivers greater confidence to the end-users of third-party certification while providing flexibility and choice. The result is an international, auditable standard that specifies the food safety management systems requirements by incorporating all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) elements.
What is Meant by FSSC 22000?
FSSC 22000 is a company-level certification based on a food safety certification scheme. The standard helps organizations ensure the supply of safe food and beverages. In addition to the requirements outlined in this certification, This Standard fully incorporates ISO 22000 and pre-requisite programs.
- In December 2016, FSSC 22000 launched version 4 of its international food safety and quality management system.
- FSSC 22000 Version 5 is the latest newly developed Certification Scheme.
It gives organizations a way to demonstrate that they have a comprehensive management system that meets the food safety requirements of both customers and regulatory agencies in an internationally understood format. It has been designed to cover all the processes along the food chain that deal directly or indirectly with the end product being consumed.
It brings everybody along the food chain under a single food safety management umbrella, making it easier to train, implement, and audit food safety management at every food chain level. In addition, the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification is one of a few certification bodies accredited by ESYD to provide FSSC 22000 and HACCP certification.
TUV’s professional auditors work with clients to ensure the Hazards and Critical Control Points are efficiently identified, monitored, and continuously improved to meet the requirements of certification Compliance.
What are the Benefits of FSSC 22000?
- Offers a Preventative Approach to food safety.
- Enhances customer satisfaction / reduces dissatisfaction.
- Conformance to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Increase Organizational Credibility and reputation.
- Hazard Analysis to evaluate threats to food safety.
- Helps to identify process improvements and reduce customer complaints.
- Reduces the need for and the cist end-product testing.
- Improves internal and external communications.
- Increases profitability of the company.
Who can Benefit from FSSC 22000 V5?
1). Primary Producers and Packers
Raising of animals used for meat, eggs, milk or honey production, etc. Growing or harvesting plants, horticultural products, fruits, vegetables, spices, mushrooms, etc.
2). Food Manufacturers and Processors
Production and Processing of ambient or perishable food products.
3). Food Packaging Manufactures
Production of direct food contact or indirect packaging material.
4). Chemical and Additive Manufactures
Production of food and feed additives, vitamins, minerals, bio-cultures, flavorings, enzymes and processing aids, pesticides, drugs, fertilizers, and cleaning agents.
5). Storage and Logistic Suppliers
Provides storage and transport for ambient food, perishable food, feed, and/or associated packaging.
6). Caterers and Retailers
Preparation, storage, and delivery of food for consumption at the place of preparation or at a satellite unit.
Applicable sectors are:
1). Perishable Animal Products:
Meat, poultry, eggs, dairy, and fish products.
2). Perishable Vegetal Products:
Packed fresh fruits and juices, preserved fruits, packaged fresh vegetables, and preserved vegetables.
3). Products with a long shelf life at average temperature:
Canned products, biscuits, snacks, oil, drinking water, beverages, pasta, flour, sugar, salt, etc.
What are the FSSC 22000 (Version 5) Documentation Requirements?
To transform from a current system or establish a sound food safety management system and achieve a quick FSSC 22000 Version 5 Certification, appropriate version 5 Documentation is primarily required. Such primary (V-5) documents are listed below:
- FSSC Manual.
- FSSC Procedures.
- FSSC Exhibits.
- Process Approach.
- Blank Forms and Templates.
- HACCP Documents.
- FSSC Audit Checklist.
FSSC Manual provides clause-wise details of how the (Version-5) system is implemented. It covers the food safety management system, sample food safety policy, objectives, scope, organization structure, and how each requirement from clauses 4 to 10 of FSSC 22000 (Version-5) is implemented at the macro level in the organization.
FSSC manual should normally contain or refer to:
- Context of the Organization.
- Performance Evaluation.
FSSC Procedures are also called Operational Procedures. FSSC Procedures cover all the details like purpose, scope, responsibility, the procedure followed, and the list of exhibits, reference documents, and formats.
The list of sample procedures provided in the kit is as below:
- Preliminary analysis of production process.
- Pre-Requisite Program.
- Hazard Identification.
- HACCP Plan.
- Emergency Preparedness and response.
- Product withdrawal and recall.
The templates given under this directory cover guidelines for process flow charts and models useful for process mapping. It covers activities of all the main and critical processes listed below with an input-output matrix for the organization. Thus, the process templates help any organization in process mapping as well as preparing process documents.
Following is a list of process Flow Chart:
- Customer Service.
- Quality Control.
Blank Forms and Templates
Blank Sample Forms, records, etc., are supporting documents used by the company to record information for different procedures followed. The organization is free to change the same to suit its requirements. It covers sample copies of blank forms required to maintain records, establish control, and create a system in the organization.
HACCP Documents cover blank and filled HACCP documents on Product Description, Process flow chart, Hazard Analysis Report, HACCP Plan, Corrective Action Plan, Environment Monitoring Plan, Operation Pre-Requisite Programs, etc.
FSSC Audit Checklist
FSSC (Version-5) Audit Checklists will be a good tool for auditors to make audit questionnaires for auditing. Therefore, it will bring effectiveness to auditing.
FSSC Version 5 Audit checklists are provided, comprising FSSC Version 5 Requirements-wise and department-wise audit questions and self-audit questions. Therefore, it can be logically used for auditing during an internal audit for FSSC Version 5 to establish a proper audit trail.
FSSC 22000 Version-5 Documentation Kit
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification Provides FSSC Documentation Kit with a ready-to-use document Kit. Food safety system certification covers FSSC Manual, food safety and HACCP Procedures, SOPs, Formats, FSSC audit checklists, etc., prepared as per the latest version 5.
The ready-to-use FSSC Version-5 documents ensure all clauses are defined in the FSSC Version 5 Certification standard. In addition, it satisfies governing general requirements to create own documents for their company in a
Why is FSSC Version-5 Documentation Kit Useful?
- Users can modify the readymade FSSC templates per their products and create their own food safety system documents for their organization based on the food safety system.
- HACCP Procedures provided in FSSC Version-5 documentation KIT can help fine-tune the processes and establish better control over the management system.
- It saves time and cost in the documentation process.
- FSSC Audit Checklist Provided in the KIT helps auditors make audit questionnaires.
In Addition, to FSSC 22000 Audits TUV Austria BIC. also offers a range of complimentary services:
- ISO Certifications
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 50001 – Energy Management System
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
- ISO 20000 – IT Service Management System
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System
- HACCP – Food Safety Management System
- ISO 21001 – Educational Organizations Management System
- ISO 29990 – Learning Services Management System
- ISO 20121 – Sustainability Event Management System
- ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management System
- ISO 37001 – Anti-Bribery Management System
- ISO 28000 – Supply Chain Security Management System
- ISO 13485 – Quality Management Systems for Medical Devices
- ISO 39001 – Road Traffic Safety Management System
- ISO 31000 – Risk Management – Guidelines
- ISO 22716 – Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetics
- ISO 3834 – Quality Requirements for Fusion Welding of Metallic Materials
- Halal Certification
- “Covid-Shield” Certification
- GlobalG.A.P. Certification
- IFS Certification Services
What is FSSC 22000 Certification?
FSSC Stands for Food Safety System Certification, and it is a Food Safety Management System. FSSC 22000 Certification Scheme was developed in 2009 to meet the need for a global and independent ISO-based food safety certification scheme for food manufacturing.
What are the Additional Requirements of FSSC 22000 Certification?
- Management of Services and Purchased Materials.
- Product Labeling.
- Food Defense.
- Food Fraud.
- Logo Use.
- Management of Allergens.
- Environmental Monitoring.
- Formulation of Products.
- Transport & Delivery.
- Storage & Warehousing.
- Hazard Control and Measures for Prevention of Cross-Contamination.
- PRP Verification.
- Product Development.
- Health Status.
What are the Common Documents used for FSSC 22000 standard?
- Food Safety Policy.
- Prerequisite Program Policy.
- Quality Policy.
- Hygiene Policy.
- HACCP Policy.
- Senior Management Commitment.
- Traceability Procedure & Internal Audit Program.
- Corrective & Preventive Action.
- Management of Suppliers and Purchased Material.
- Process Control.
- Food Defense and Product Authenticity.
- Product Control.
- Personnel Hygiene and Health.
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you in getting certified?Send Enquiry