What is the Exhaust Emission Testing?
Emission Testing is a process where test equipment measures the gases produced by a car’s engine. A probe is placed in the car’s tailpipe, and the exhaust gases are measured following a strict procedure.
Emission Testing Services
In an ideal world, Cars and Trucks would be 100% emission-free. But, unfortunately, they aren’t. The reality is that pollution from vehicles is frequently above the legal limit and impacts our climate and the health of millions of people, especially in urban areas.
Business Vehicles have an important role to play in reducing environmental pollution. Regulators are doing their part, too, and updating the testing procedures for emissions of new vehicles. But changing the old New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) regulations to the new Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) will take a while. So here’s what you need to know about WLTP and what it means for you.
New testing procedures are more rigorous and better reflect real-world driving conditions. This means all new cars will be certified with more accurate emission values. It helps determine how much you’ll pay. Long-term, this will benefit businesses, customers, and our environment.
However, at the moment, this more precise testing procedure may mean business fleets will appear to emit more CO2 and, as a result, be penalized with taxes.
Why Choose Us?
By conducting emissions testing, we can help ensure that your vehicles stay within the appropriate legal limits for emissions of air pollutants such as:
- Carbon monoxide (CO).
- Diesel smoke.
- Nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide (the nitrogen oxides, NOx).
- Particulate matter (PM) and particulate number (PN) emissions.
- Non-methane hydrocarbon (NMHC).
- Total hydrocarbon (THC).
In addition, to Emission Testing Services, TUV Austria also offer a range of complimentary services:
- Third-Party Inspection
- Pre-Shipment Inspection
- QA/QC Services
- Lifting Equipment Inspection
- Technical Staffing Services
- Construction Supervision Services
- Technical Manpower Supply Services
- Non-Destructive Testing Services
- Mechanical Testing Services
- Risk-Based Inspection
- Pressure Equipment Directive Certification
- Pressure Vessel Inspection
- Storage Tank Inspection
- Steam Boiler Inspection
- Supplier Expediting Services
- Plant Safety Services
- Equipment Safety Services
- Vendor Audit Services
- Explosion Protection Services
- Fire Protection Services
- Communication Tower Inspections
- Asset Integrity Services
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you?Send Enquiry