What is “Covid-Shield” Certification?
This is the first integrated Certification Scheme to increase the confidence of citizens and consumers in businesses, which apply and become certified with the Certification Scheme.
The Private Certification Scheme “COVID-Shield” was developed by the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification, focusing on Health, Safety, and Business Continuity.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification COVID-Shield
The Scheme sets out basic requirements and procedures that the Organization must implement to receive “Covid-Shield” certification. The Private Certification Scheme “Covid-Shield” is addressed to all companies that, due to their activities, favor association, hospitality and generally have public gathering places and confirms that:
- They inform and guide all those who enter or are hosted in the business premises to avoid the transmission of the virus.
- They have appropriately trained staff and constantly update their team with training programs to follow the procedures and new instructions as they are informed by the National Health Organizations and other institutions (e.g., WHO).
- They take the necessary measures, implement the appropriate procedures and the appropriate practices by the competent authorities and the scientific community to prevent the transmission of the virus.
- They provide the means and infrastructure needed to implement procedures and practices.
It inextricably links responsibility, social consciousness, and sensitivity, as well as the business ethics that govern an Organization with preventive actions and goals for:
- The management of possible cases of coronavirus in an organized, direct, and armored manner, based on the proposed published guidelines and instructions of the competent national (e.g., Ministry of Health) and international authorities (e.g., WHO) and co-responsible bodies, about persons with whom they come into direct or indirect contact, such as employees, associates – suppliers, customers, visitors, and other interested parties, in all phases of their daily transactions and operations, during the process of providing their products and services.
- Reducing the risk or minimizing the likelihood of the spread of coronavirus disease
- High-level prevention support against possible exposure (involuntary or voluntary) to coronavirus.
The Certification Scheme provides three different levels of “Covid Shield” certification (Principal, High or Excellent) based on the combination of the selected number of intermediate surveillance audits and the time interval before their notification implementation.
Who is this For?
- Residential Areas (Buildings, Communities & Societies)
- Hotels & Resorts
- Offices & Factories
- Restaurants & Food Delivery Companies
- Schools, Colleges, Universities, & Vocational Training Institutes
- Bank, Gyms & Cinemas
- Shopping Malls & Super Markets
- Food Preparation, Processing & Disposal Companies
- Transport / Logistic Companies
- Car rental companies
- Public places
- Catering Companies.
What is the Certification Process of “Covid-Shield”?
For the certification of each Organization according to the Certification Scheme “Covid-Shield,” must follow the following steps:
- Submission of the “Covid-Shield” Certification Application to TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification.
- Upon completion of the certification, continue monitoring the Organization’s compliance depending on the level of certification.
- Accreditation of the Organization after the successful completion of an audit with three Certification Levels depending on the time intervals and the methodology implemented by the surveillance audits
- Acceptance of the financial terms and conditions of cooperation (contract and Certification Regulation)
- For the development and implementation of a systemic approach to meet the requirements of the Scheme
- Scheduling and conduction of the audit.
Which Organizations Can Obtain “Covid-Shield Certification?
The Private Certification Scheme “Covid-Shield” is addressed to all companies that favor association, hospitality and generally have public meeting places due to their activities.
Indicatively, in hosting companies (hotels, accommodation), catering, food preparation, processing and disposal companies, transport and supply chain companies, retail (supermarkets, shopping centers), sports and gymnastics services, public services, educational facilities, schools, facility management companies, etc.
Why Choose TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification for Implementing “Covid-Shield” Certification Requirements
The option of Private Certification Scheme “Covid-Shield” by TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification provides the following:
- It actively contributes to increased confidence to the consumer, visitor, and all involved and interested parties.
- Added value to each Organization through the reliability and strength that reflects our brand name and highlights its commitment to provide products and services protected from exposure to threats by the coronavirus.
- It strengthens the Organization’s strategy for developing a series of actions to raise awareness and safeguard.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification successfully issues COVID Shield Certificate of Compliance to K-Electric.
If you need to know more about the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification. You can read more by clicking on the below links
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you in getting certified?Send Enquiry