What is “Covid-Shield” Certification?
This is the first integrated “Covid-Shield” Certification Scheme to increase the confidence of citizens and consumers in businesses that apply and become certified with the Certification Scheme.
The Private Certification Scheme “COVID-Shield” was developed by the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification, focusing on Health, Safety, and Business Continuity.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification COVID-Shield Certification
The Scheme sets out basic requirements and procedures the organization must implement to receive “Covid-Shield” certification. The Private Certification Scheme “Covid-Shield” is addressed to all companies that, due to their activities, favor association, hospitality and generally have public gathering places and confirms that:
- They inform and guide all who enter or are hosted on the business premises to avoid virus transmission.
- They have appropriately trained staff and constantly update their team with training programs to follow the procedures and new instructions as they are informed by the National Health Organizations and other institutions (e.g., WHO).
- They take the necessary measures and implement the appropriate procedures and the appropriate practices by the competent authorities and the scientific community to prevent the transmission of the virus.
- They provide the means and infrastructure needed to implement procedures and practices.
It inextricably links responsibility, social consciousness, and sensitivity, as well as the business ethics that govern an Organization with preventive actions and goals for:
- The management of possible cases of coronavirus in an organized, direct, and armored manner, based on the proposed published guidelines and instructions of the competent national (e.g., Ministry of Health) and international authorities (e.g., WHO) and co-responsible bodies, about persons with whom they come into direct or indirect contact, such as employees, associates – suppliers, customers, visitors, and other interested parties, in all phases of their daily transactions and operations, during the process of providing their products and services.
- Reducing the risk or minimizing the likelihood of the spread of coronavirus disease
- High-level prevention support against possible exposure (involuntary or voluntary) to coronavirus.
The Certification Scheme provides three levels of “Covid Shield” certification (Principal, High or Excellent) based on the selected number of intermediate surveillance audits and the time interval before their notification implementation.
Who is this For?
- Residential Areas (Buildings, Communities & Societies)
- Hotels & Resorts
- Offices & Factories
- Restaurants & Food Delivery Companies
- Schools, Colleges, Universities, & Vocational Training Institutes
- Bank, Gyms & Cinemas
- Shopping Malls & Super Markets
- Food Preparation, Processing & Disposal Companies
- Transport / Logistic Companies
- Car rental companies
- Public places
- Catering Companies.
What is the Certification Process of “Covid-Shield”?
For the certification of each Organization according to the Certification Scheme “Covid-Shield,” must follow the following steps:
- Submit the “Covid-Shield” Certification Application to the TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification.
- Upon completion of the certification, continue monitoring the Organization’s compliance depending on the level of certification.
- Accreditation of the Organization after the successful completion of an audit with three Certification Levels depending on the time intervals and the methodology implemented by the surveillance audits
- Acceptance of the financial terms and conditions of cooperation (contract and Certification Regulation)
- For the development and implementation of a systemic approach to meet the requirements of the Scheme
- Scheduling and conducting of the audit.
Which Organizations Can Obtain “Covid-Shield” Certification?
The Private Certification Scheme “Covid-Shield” addresses all companies that favor association and hospitality and generally have public meetings due to their activities.
Indicatively, in hosting companies (hotels, accommodation), catering, food preparation, processing and disposal companies, transport and supply chain companies, retail (supermarkets, shopping centers), sports and gymnastics services, public services, educational facilities, schools, facility management companies, etc.
Why Choose TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification for Implementing “Covid-Shield” Certification Requirements?
The option of the Private Certification Scheme “Covid-Shield” by TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification provides the following:
- It actively contributes to increased confidence in the consumer, visitor, and all involved and interested parties.
- Added value to each Organization through the reliability and strength that reflects our brand name and highlights its commitment to providing products and services protected from exposure to threats by the coronavirus.
- It strengthens the Organization’s strategy for developing a series of actions to raise awareness and safeguard.
TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification successfully issues the COVID Shield Certificate of Compliance to K-Electric.
If you need to know more about the TUV Austria BIC. You can read more by clicking on the below links:
- ISO Certifications
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 50001 – Energy Management System
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
- ISO 20000 – IT Service Management System
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System
- FSSC 22000 – Food Safety System Certification
- HACCP – Food Safety Management System
- ISO 21001 – Educational Organizations Management System
- ISO 29990 – Learning Services Management System
- ISO 20121 – Sustainability Event Management System
- ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management System
- ISO 37001 – Anti-Bribery Management System
- ISO 28000 – Supply Chain Security Management System
- ISO 13485 – Quality Management Systems for Medical Devices
- ISO 39001 – Road Traffic Safety Management System
- ISO 31000 – Risk Management – Guidelines
- ISO 22716 – Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetics
- ISO 3834 – Quality Requirements for Fusion Welding of Metallic Materials
- Halal Certification
- GlobalG.A.P. Certification
- IFS Certification Services
Would you mind sending an Enquiry so we can assist you in getting certified?Send Enquiry