Halal Food Certification Benefits To The Business
Halal Food doesn’t contain any impurities or diseases that are harmful to human health as there are official departments established and working to provide the Halal certification after the monitoring under the religious guide.
In Islam, all your worships are useless if you do not have Halal Food. It is one of the main elements in the faith of Islam, that’s why the Islamic states need to set up an institute for Halal food certification which makes sure that each food product produced in the Muslim countries is Halal, it is not only ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified but also holds the Halal certification to protect masses faith and keep them away from the Food or commodity which are considered as prohibited in the Islam.
No Food Product companies can achieve success in Islamic countries without this Halal certification, and the advantages of Halal Food are not only for the consumers but for the producers also, While preparing Food all over the world, keep in mind the manufacturing process, packaging, storing, or transportation of that Food must carry a food safety certificate from the Govt.
Officials and Halal Food certification is an additional benefit in Muslim states. Without this certificate, your Business is in harm’s and can be demolished by the legal state actors.
Halal Food certification can also be proven an effective marketing tool for the Food production industries, which involves hotel chains, restaurants, coffee shops, café, etc. The population of Muslims in the world is increasing day by day, and now, for selling your brand or promoting your company, it has become essential to provide Halal Food in overall the world.
The places in the world which are rich in tourism also get the advantage of Halal Food producing and selling it to Muslim tourists. No matter how good taste and quality a food chain provides, with the excellent hygiene and making process, also having a food safety certificate. Still, suppose Food is not allowed in Islam.
In that case, it will not be considered pure and eatable as it is not Halal, so now it is essential, especially for the larger companies, to get Halal certification from the Muslim federations and also give Halal certification training to their employees and be aware them the value and importance of Halal Food.
Halal Certification Process
To complete the Halal Certification process, companies must complete a three-step process with an advisory group. This process includes;
- Evaluation — explanation of the company and the need for receiving Halal Certification
- Inspection — onsite inspection of plant
- Certification — once the evaluation and assessment are complete, if passed, the organization will be granted a certificate.
Neglecting the value of Halal Food will indeed affect a large amount of the population; if a Food business owner or big corporate group is willing to spread over the world in the food industries and ignore Halal certification will never help them to make space in the global market and to beat their competitor in the market.
In food sciences, research, and the regularity of food authorities, the FSC (Food safety System certification) is one of the prevailing issues.
Halal certification provides a gateway to reach more than millions of new consumers in the whole of Pakistan. TUV Austria Bureau of Inspection & Certification (Pvt.) Ltd. gives orientation, information, knowledge, and Halal certification training to capture the Halal market in the world. Such Authorities certify the entire process from the beginning till the end of the production, which involves supply chain services, the extraction of raw materials, the method of preparation, and input process inspection till the finished point.
Halal certification can only be provided after the implementation of this process, just like ISO 9001 management system according to the global standard.
By fulfilling the Halal certification requirements and procedure, the Business will get the chance to access over Eight million Halal customers only in Pakistan and above 1.6 million in the overall world.
Brands and their companies will surely get opportunities in Halal Food Markets and enjoy the advantages of Halal Food by selling it were currently closed to your Business.
Especially in Muslim countries, producing and promoting Halal Food in the food industries is beneficial for the outer market share and a positive and proud sign for the local employees in the factory. Halal certification also helps to motivate the internal customer of the company.
The absence of a food safety certificate and Halal food certification will prevent people from working in the companies. It may become a massive hurdle for the company to hire people other than the local side.
Eating Halal Food is the mainstream priority Today; brands that have the best understanding of this criterion and unchanging facts are rising market with their complex customer base; companies are likely to be the most successful when keeping in view all the related issues and complications in Halal certification and food safety certification standards.
Many researchers have examined the impact and effect of Halal certification on food production companies. They analyzed their financial performance and annual revenue graph, suggested Halal certification as an asset of the company’s financial performance, and got customer satisfaction Responses.
The Benifits For Your Company:
The assurance of Halal compliance for raw materials or precursor materials used when they are processed;
- Trend market with great growth potential.
- International and national acceptance of Halal products.
- Advertising affects and enhances your image.
- Trust in the consumer and improved customer satisfaction.
- The Halal Compliance of your final product.
- Your products are completely independent, neutral, and certified by accepted Halal standards.
- You can respond to questions from customers all over the Islamic world according to specifications.
- You encourage confidence in your product with customers who are Muslim.
- You distinguish yourself from your competition.
- Halal-related handling from one source, by an independent and certified body.
- Consumer confidence helps consumers make informed decisions on their purchases.
- At a global level, it could increase the commercial viability of products and increase their marketability, particularly in Muslim countries.
- Quality is the indication that the product meets Halal standards and adheres to strict hygiene guidelines.
- The authority – it offers the means to audit and supervise Halal Food.
Halal Food Certification Requirements:
- Only Producing Halal Food: There must be no interaction between Halal and non-halal products. Manufacturing and storage should be separate.
- Production: Manufacturers must adhere to hygiene and cleanliness standards. The application can be approved after strict scrutiny when it meets regular cleaning and sanitation standards.
- Muslim employee: At least 2 Muslim employees must comply with Halal standards.
- Ingredients in Halal-Certified Products:Only Halal ingredients are allowed. They should be free of pork or dog, an animal that is not slaughtered, and the fat of animals (except the approved fats) as well as distorted meat and alcohol. Additionally, the alcohol content of the final product should not exceed 0,5%.
- Contamination Between Halal and Non-halal Products: There must be no cross-contamination between Halal and non-halal items. Only Halal products can be declared Halal. If the manufacturer also makes non-halal products, these must be removed, and the facility should be cleaned as per Islamic laws.
In Addition, to the Halal Certification Audit, TUV Austria BIC. also offers a range of complimentary services:
- ISO Certifications
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 50001 – Energy Management System
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management System
- ISO 20000 – IT Service Management System
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System
- FSSC 22000 – Food Safety System Certification
- HACCP – Food Safety Management System